We rely on fundraising to ensure that we can continue our work with young people in the Tendring District. Our ponies provide valuable therapy, reacreation facilities, keep children active and off the streets, teach our children to care for others and develop work ethic for life. We support children from all backgrounds and with a variety of needs. We also provide homes for many rescued ponies and the local RDA group rely on us to provide ponies for their sessions.
Our members pay a voluntary weekly/monthly subscription which covers basic cost of caring for the horses. For everything else we have to fundraise. in 2015 we were made homeless, we were lucky to be offered a new home on the grounds of Ramsey manor, however the site was not a ready made horse facility. So as you can imagine we are fundraising like crazy to make it the best home ever.
How you can help
- Make a donation online
- Make a donation by post or in person: to Horse Rangers Association (Harwich Ltd, Michaelstowe Drive, Dovercourt, Harwich, Essex, CO12 ER
- Save your stamps and deliver them to the address above
- Donate old or foreign coins and deliver them to the address above
- Donate used ink cartridges or old mobile phones, hand in above.
- Raise money free when you search the web
- Raise money free when you use easyfundraising for your online shopping
- Donate by Text Donate by Text, Just text HRAH25 £ followed by any amount you wish to 70070.All text donations are free, and won’t come out of any inclusive texts you have as part of your price plan – you just pay the cost of your donation
- .Attend our open days and fundraisers, see the calendar for more information about events.
Moving to our new site has required us to raise lots more funds than we have ever had to raise. We had to fence new paddocks, bulld stables, repair a derelict bungalow, create riding areas and we still have lots to raise more money for as our home is still far from finished. We are raising money for a new riding surface, more stable, field shelters, tools, creating hard standing areas, clearing more areas.
We are grateful for the support from Harwich town council, Wix Young Farmers, Harwich Secret gardens, the Mayor and Mayoress, the rotary club, the freemasons, asda Harwich, morrisons Harwich, the Co-op who have all helped so much with the project so far,